PDF version  

  This lesson  

  Next lesson  

  Main menu  

  RLA home  


Pomeioc Village

 

Engraving originally published by Theodor De Bry in 1590, based a painting by John White made in 1585. The caption on the original painting reads: "The town of Pomeioc and true form of their houses, covered and enclosed some with mats, and some with barks of trees. All compassed about with small poles stuck thick together instead of a wall."


  PDF version  

  This lesson  

  Next lesson  

  Main menu  

  RLA home