It's in the Garbage
Directions: Use this activity sheet to take notes during your excavation. When you have completed your excavation, use the information in your notes to write a report about your findings that addresses the questions below. You must give reasons for your answers based on the evidence, that is, based on the artifacts that support your answer.
1. Could you tell when your garbage was thrown away? If yes, how? If no, why not?
2. List two or more inferences you can make about the person(s) who threw the trash away.
3. From where did your garbage come?
4. Which basic human needs does your garbage show are being met?
5. Name two or more of the categories into which you classified your trash?
6. How do you know this garbage is from your own culture?